Your vote has been submitted successfully
Share:

Open and edit .txt files

This idea doesn't have any content

thinking about it
Jeff Shared this idea     June 23, 2012
Add a comment
Reza Commented December 4, 2014, 10:31 am

Im astounded that cloudon doesnt support the editing of basic and simple text files. If they dont fix this fast theyre gonna lose a user

Ron Commented November 6, 2014, 3:06 pm

Just love CloudOn features and functionality. It would truly be awesome if it also handled .txt files. :-)

Steve Commented September 21, 2014, 12:41 pm

A kid could write a .txt editor... This product is disappointing.

Mike McCann Commented June 28, 2014, 7:44 am

Come on guys. A text file is almost like "hello world". Looking forward to it

Shaun Clapham Commented February 20, 2014, 12:44 am

WTF, it cannot open a .txt file???????????????? Am I missing something? ANYONE HELP!

Beppe Commented January 1, 2014, 9:06 am

I would also like the possibility to be asked for other extensions, for example .conf or .cfg,to be handled as normal .txt files. At least only on the fly.

Paulp Commented December 18, 2013, 10:57 am

Please get the text editor sorted. There is a big market now that quickoffice have removed support for dropbox

Oliver Commented December 5, 2013, 3:40 am

Why does this application not support the most basic of file types? Please add this in the next update!

Mike LeBoida Commented October 21, 2013, 6:04 pm

Rich text and text files are the most basic formats that any word processor should be able to open. Word and Pdf are nice, but i'd take .txt or .rtf over Microsoft any day.

Greg Commented October 21, 2013, 1:32 pm

Shouldn't this have been one of the first file types supported? Why can't they just be opened within the Word functionality? Why we even have to waste votes on this "feature" is beyond me.