Are you Sure you want to logout?
Votes
Vote
X

Vote
Your vote has been submitted successfully
Share:

Enabling "Start Inking" feature for annotating Office documents

If you purchase a usb external tablet for your pc, it enables a function called Start Inking under the Review tab (otherwise accessible by Office button --> program Options --> Customize --> choose commands from Review Tab --> Start Inking). This allows you to use your tablet to "write" onto/annotate your MS Office files. This feature doesn't seem to be enabled unless you have a tablet installed on your pc, but if it could somehow be enabled in CloudOn, it would allow CloudOn to be the ONLY true Word/Powerpoint/Excel file annotator available for iOS.

thinking about it
Alex Shared this idea     April 7, 2012
Add a comment
Patrick Gillock Commented December 7, 2014, 7:01 pm

So a great workaround for anyone without a touchscreen device or tablet is using OneNote. The "draw" feature lets you use your mouse to annotate on the blank page or over an image and then you can use Windows Key+S to capture the image and paste it into an email or word document.

Stefanie Commented May 20, 2013, 9:35 pm

To be able to ink signatures on documents would be a huge benefit for our program. Most of our work is out in the field visiting schools, so to be able to obtain actual signatures would be great!

groffmr Commented March 2, 2013, 12:02 pm

This is the best idea--it's really the only reason I downloaded CloudOn--I assumed that running Word, Office programs, etc. on iPad meant inking functionality (because inking on a PC with a mouse stinks, and this is the one benefit of a tablet: eInking which can be cloud stored and backed-up). Thanks for considering this!

Anonymous Commented May 6, 2012, 12:02 pm

Thank you very much. i am so tired with finding a method to enable this function(inking start) without tablet. please help me if there is a simple way. Best Regards Mohammad from Iran