Are you Sure you want to logout?
Votes
X

Vote
Your vote has been submitted successfully
Share:

Need ability to use bluetooth keyboard with word documents

Well the subject line says it all. I am able to use bluetooth keyboard to type this but not a word doc? Hmmmm. Also why can evernote open pdf files and cloudon cannot?

completed
Wardo Shared this idea     January 4, 2012
Add a comment
Still having problems with Bluetooth keyboard Commented March 7, 2014, 12:48 pm

I am using a Belkin keyboard with my iPad -- I can type this comment but can't type in Word.

Daniel Commented November 6, 2013, 12:55 pm

This seems to work for me: Switch off the Logitech keyboard before creating or opening the .docx in CloudOn. Then type a few letters with the screen keyboard before switching the Logitech keyboard back on. As soon as the screen keyboard disappears the Logitech keyboard works (most times).

Anais Starr Commented October 5, 2013, 6:57 pm

I can't use my Logitech keyboard even to type this. I had to turn it off to type this note. This is a dated issue and certainly not closed to date.

George Phillips Commented August 28, 2013, 4:27 pm

Yes, trying to type a document in cloudon just using the ipad screen board is very impractical. It does not sync with the objectives of cloudon either. Isn't Cloudon supposed to bring full functionality of ms office to an ipad user? I hope that this problem is worked out :)

Candace Commented June 28, 2013, 8:06 pm

If this says completed does that mean they are working on it? Very disappointed when i couldn't type out documents with my bluetooth keyboard.

Shemp Commented May 14, 2013, 5:24 pm

I'm using an Apple bluetooth keyboard, and it ain't working with this app, which is odd because I thought I was able to use it with a previous version. At first, I thought it might be something wrong with the keyboard, but I can type my password on the app when I sign in to my account without a problem. I also deleted then reinstalled the app, but the keyboard still doesn't work. If the developers could figure out a fix, this would be a killer app.

Richard Commented May 7, 2013, 9:56 pm

Just got a Minisuit bluetooth keyboard/case for my Nexus 7, cloudon will replace letters as I'm typing. I can't even get a full sentence out in the word program, this is not completed.

Jessica Commented April 22, 2013, 12:09 am

Mine also isn't working. Very irritating considering the convenience of this app

Tahirah Commented April 9, 2013, 12:04 am

On my iPad mini I uninstalled and reinstalled CloudOn and my bluetooth keyboard is working again in Microsoft Word. There's still a lag compared to the immediate response on iOs Notepad. When I go into Word document I have to click on the page with my finger and then I can start typing almost immediately. We shouldn't have to go through all that. Powerpoint slides is 90% of my notes in school and it's frustrating that there is a lag in Powerpoint even when I touch the next slide then click in the notes section and start typing.

Larry Commented April 5, 2013, 11:01 am

My bluetooth keyboard worked with a previous version of cloudon (Word application). Why doesn't it work now. Have associates tho have tried using cloudon's word app with their keyboard and they are not able to use their bluetooth keyboard. Why isn't something being done - or is Microsoft taking the same tactic as Apple in ignoring or denying problems with their product!