Are you Sure you want to logout?
Votes
Vote
X

Vote
Your vote has been submitted successfully
Share:

Save As Command

At CloudOn we believe in never losing your data. When we first designed our app we incorporated this as one of our founding principles. And thus was born the Auto-Save functionality you see today. Forget to save files? Don't worry, they're ALWAYS saved. Lost your Internet connection? We got that covered too – your file WILL get saved. At the same time, we have learned a lot from you, as you’ve let us know what you do and do not like about CloudOn and what you’d like to see us improve and add. We do recognize that auto-saving your document for you still leaves some unmet needs, several of which fall under the heading of “Save As” in traditional, non-cloud, non-mobile software applications: - Convert to PDF: http://bit.ly/13AtkPd - Rename before Save: http://bit.ly/109YJcX - Change File Location and Save: http://bit.ly/ZI5cJv We appreciate all of you who have voted on these (and you still can vote now)! The more our Product & Design teams know, the better we can make the "Save" experience for you. In order to bring the improvements to the product that you’ve asked for, including this feature and others such as offline support and performance improvements, we’ve gone back to the drawing board and re-architected some critical components. Starting in the summer of 2014 we will roll out a series of improvements, addressing the most in-demand features first, and checking back with you along the way to make sure we nail it.

started
Ajb Shared this idea     January 4, 2012
Add a comment
Thomas Straten Commented December 10, 2014, 1:04 pm

Dear sirs, I use my Ipad to work on Excel. Most of the time, it is to make trials or to create some pivot tables and to simulate situations. I would love the possibility to 1) Make a copy of the file I use in order to keep the original intact....(and renaming this copy) 2) be able to Save As in order to keep a particular good session of work or some improvements to be then used on my Mac, with the original Excel 2010 I own because it is quicker and simpler to use Excel on a computer, also this Save As would give me the chance to prepare a worksheet to be sent to a partner for review (we do not like to share in the cloud, we prefer to work on a separate basis, receiving a sheet by mail and working on it each at a time, commenting, making it better, suggesting etc... the old way. Working with an Ipad is a fantastic thing, but we consider it to be prone to errors, misplaced fingers etc... It is a tool, not the strong solution the computer offers. Thank you so much for considering my wishes. Best regards, Thomas

John Commented November 19, 2014, 7:41 pm

I would really like a file move facility

Luis oneto Commented November 4, 2014, 11:15 am

I like this idea. To me is very important

John Edward Rowland Commented October 23, 2014, 5:34 pm

You have lost my data. I amended my document 105a. Leaders this morning. When I turned on my iPad this afternoon the document appeared without the amendment.

John Edward Rowland Commented October 23, 2014, 5:26 pm

You have lost my data. I amended my document 105a. Leaders this morning. When I turned on my iPad this afternoon the unlamented document appeared.

Shalini Commented September 26, 2014, 4:21 am

Please implement SaveAs ASAP.

Ann Commented September 9, 2014, 1:39 am

I love this ideathe auto-saving, doesnt always save my work.

Helena Commented July 31, 2014, 9:52 am

Save as would be great.

Anonymous Commented July 27, 2014, 6:01 pm

I am a writer and researcher so I like to control the creation of new versions of a file. While you can duplicate and rename in dropbox, I would prefer to save as inside cloud-on.

Marcy Commented July 17, 2014, 10:07 pm

yes.. yes... please add the save as so there is an "alternate" option for storage of data.