Are you Sure you want to logout?
Votes
Vote
X

Vote
Your vote has been submitted successfully
Share:

Would like the ability to explicitly close documents

After editing my documents there does not appear to be a way to close the document. I understand it gets automatically saved, but I would like the option to close the document myself.

Milind Gadekar Shared this idea     December 16, 2011
Add a comment
Fritz Commented February 13, 2014, 2:24 am

Definitely need save, save as, and exit without saving Automatic saving can be disastrous when you have accidentally deleted an important part of a spreadsheet or document, or when you want to save two different versions of the same document. It makes me hesitant to use the program on some of the large complex spreadsheets that I have developed after many hours of work.

Mary Commented July 1, 2013, 2:23 am

The swipe from left to right is backwards from almost all iPhone, iPad apps so it was not intuitive. I too would like the save, save as and do not save features.

summer Commented May 9, 2013, 10:16 pm

It's possible to close your file entirely. In CloundOn, click on the home icon, you will get to the home page with three icons at the upper right hand side of the screen, the left most icon from the three looks like a file and has a little triangle on it. Click on this icon, you will have a drop down list of all the open files. Simple sweep the file you want to close from left to right. The file will disappear from the drop down box, and will be closed entirely.

Gene Commented March 11, 2013, 5:15 am

Need the ability to exit without saving changes.

Jalal Commented December 15, 2012, 4:12 am

Sometime I want to discard changes so I'd like to see "Save", "Save as", "Do not Save" options there.

Jalal Commented December 15, 2012, 4:09 am

There should be the option to close without saving

Anonymous Commented November 19, 2012, 2:23 pm

Ugh. Just discovered that even deleting the app and then reinstalling does not revert back to protecting my password protected documents when I log back on so my secure documents are compromised. I'm going to have to disable Dropbox access now making this app of no value!

Anonymous Commented November 19, 2012, 2:16 pm

agree with jmosticone... When you open a secure password protected file the ability to not close it so anyone that grabs your iPad can switch to it and look is a REAL problem. I just installed the app and tested opening a password protected file and now appear I am stuck and will have to uninstall the program to get it to close so someone else can not review the secure file. Makes it impossible to use and open a secure file if anyone using the device after me can read the same file so the app becomes unusable if it can not protect files.

jmosticone Commented November 16, 2012, 3:19 am

If you open a "password protected" file it seems to be a major issue if there is no way to close the file thus resetting the requirement for a password.

Anonymous Commented November 14, 2012, 10:44 pm

I need to close one document before moving to another. Closing the entire app first is pretty darned clumsy. This should be easy -- please add this capability! Thank you.